
This was the sign he showed up to the airport with :) he was so cute standing there and I was so happy to finally be done traveling and of course seeing him too! It had been 167 days and that is longer than anyone should be apart from their spouse!!!! After he picked me up at the airport we went to the hotel to get some food and sleep! I wish I would've taken a picture of the room it was so small! It was about the size of 2 bathrooms in a US hotel room!

This was the first picture of us being reunited. We went out the next day to explore Fukuoka. It is the 3rd largest city in Japan and it is the closest big airport to the base! This is a picture of donuts! The food is really good there but very different. the donuts were less cakey than they are here in the states and way more chewy! After breakfast Brian took me around to see some neat Japanese stuff. Like statues, shrines, and just all the different things in Japan.


Japan has amazing history and the buildings are all amazing especially the shrines!



The orange shrine was probably my favorite, I thought the lily pads were so pretty there at that shrine as well. We spent a second night in Fukuoka and then headed off the next morning to the base.
If you ever go to japan or im guessing anywhere overseas be prepared for it to take DAYS to get adjusted to the time difference. For about the first 5 days I seriously woke up at 5 am, but then by 4pm I was over ready for a nap.
Anyway, the drive to Sasebo was gorgeous, Japan is very green! I would not want to drive there though it looked really crazy! Once there we checked in to the Navy Lodge hotel where we would be staying the next 3 weeks. It was really nice. Had a king bed with a kitchen and stuff to cook and everything.
That night we went to Chili's on base and then to the commissary to get some groceries so I could cook! While I was there Brian had to work 4 days a week so every morning we got up a little before 6 and I made breakfast while he got ready for work and left. While he was at work I called home, did laundry, went exploring, or just did anything to feel the time!
The first night I was there we went to a movie and he introduced me to my favorite part of Japan (besides him of course). MELON SODA! I do not know why we don't have it here but it was so yummy! I drank it all the time and in fact he has sent me some in the mail while I have been home.


I'm going to split this trip up in a few different parts so I don't bore you if anyone is in fact reading this haha.
xoxo,
Kelsey
No comments:
Post a Comment